2024 NCJW Scholarship Application for Non-Traditional Students
Please click here for: 2024 Application
The National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) is a grassroots organization of volunteers and advocates who turn progressive ideals into action. Inspired by Jewish values, NCJW strives for social justice by improving the quality of life for women, children and families and safeguarding individual rights and freedoms.
Scholarship for Non-Traditional Students
The Sarasota-Manatee Section of NCJW has been offering need-based scholarships to Non-Traditional students since 2000. Scholarships are available to students enrolled in post-secondary academic programs, up to and including the baccalaureate degree. This scholarship does not support work towards a non-degree certificate or a post baccalaureate degree.
This award is for tuition, books and fees. It is paid directly to the applicant’s school. The amount is considered after the applicant’s financial aid package has been defined by the school and the application is completed as instructed. The amount of the award varies per year.
- Personal statement and educational goals
- Financial need
- Work experience
- Community service
- Educational background
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered
Completed applications must be received by January 26, 2024.
Awards will be announced in March and can be applied to any term current or forward depending on the student’s needs for tuition, fees and books. These funds are NOT to substitute for any additional aid that your school has committed to prior to your knowledge of these scholarship funds.
Awards Ceremony will be held March 20, 2024.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO ANSWER YES
to these requirements for submission?
- I am at least 24 years of age as of January 1, 2024 YES
- I have a gap of at least five years following high school graduation. YES
- I hold a high school diploma or GED. YES
- I am legal U.S. citizen. YES
- I testify that I am a documented resident of Sarasota or Manatee County. YES
- I am registered at an accredited educational institution, which is a two-year college, a community college, or a four-year college. YES
Upload These Documents to your Application Folder
- Maximum 1 page personal essay.
- Two (2) signed letters of recommendation for this scholarship on official letterhead from faculty members/instructors/mentors in your field, or employers. (May be uploaded or mailed separately.) Do not use family members or friends.
- For current students, transcripts must be received by 5:00 pm on 1/26/2024.